Module for comprehensive IP service-level testing (voice, video, data) for FTTx, Access and Home network turn-up, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Triple-Play Services Software Option for the T-BERD®/MTS-4000 Multiple Services Test Platform(, 1.37MB)
The JDSU T-BERD/MTS-4000 equipped with the Triple-Play Software option delivers comprehensive Internet Protocol (IP) service-level testing in a rugged, handheld, battery-operated platform that is ideal for Access and Home network turn-up, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
The T-BERD/MTS-4000 helps deliver both quality of service (QoS) and experience (QoE), while reducing operating expenses, as the first multi-application platform with fully integrated copper and fiber functionality that addresses the complete set of requirements for triple-play, such as turn-up, troubleshooting, and maintenance. The T-BERD/MTS-4000 Triple-Play Services Software gives field service technicians who install and maintain triple-play service over leading-edge fiber- and copper-based digital subscriber line (DSL) Access networks a complete suite of essential testing tools in one unit.
- Video service (IPTV) testing
- IP Multicast test (broadcast video service): Generate IGMP Join and Leave requests to verify the functionality of stream flows, channel changes, and multi-cast communications
- IP Unicast test (video on demand [VoD] service): Generate RTSP client requests for access to VoD media server to verify the functionality of program stream flows and uni-cast communications
- Decode and display I-Frame
- Voice service (VoIP) testing
- Emulate a VoIP phone for service turn-up and troubleshooting
- Supports Cisco SCCP, SIP, MGCP, H.323, and Nortel Unistim signaling protocols
- Data services testing
- Provides a fully integrated Web browser
- Offers Throughput testing (FTP, HTTP)
- Tests IPTV video quality, including analysis of video streams and packet statistics on up to 10 streams in Monitor Mode and 6 streams in Terminate Mode, including video mean opinion score (VMOS)
- Assesses VoIP packet quality and voice quality rating using MOS and R-Factor
- Tests data services, including ping, trace route, and Web browser functions from a 10/100/1000 Ethernet port or optional xDSL modules
- Scans the virtual local area network (VLAN) for current configuration and activity