Module for comprehensive copper installation, testing and maintenance up to full-spectrum 30 MHz VDSL for FTTx and Access networks.
The JDSU T-BERD/MTS-4000 equipped with the Copper Services Module delivers comprehensive copper testing and addresses the distinct requirements of very high-speed digital subscriber line (VDSL) deployment and maintenance. The Copper Services Module brings the functionality to the platform that service providers need to mitigate the significant challenge of VDSL rollout and maintenance in various fiber (FTTx) deployments.
Designed to test the most rigorous standards up to 30 MHz VDSL2, the T-BERD/MTS-4000 Copper Services Module qualifies and troubleshoots the copper for service and is part of a platform that is easily upgradeable with advanced options that support the industry’s changing technologies and the evolving needs of service installers. Its dynamic configurability allows technicians with varying responsibilities to use it to perform a wide range of tests. Standard Ethernet and universal serial bus (USB) or optional Wireless Fidelity (WiFi) and Bluetooth connections offer flexibility to easily download software and offload captured test data to improve workforce productivity and baseline network performance.
- Complete copper testing from POTS through full-spectrum VDSL/VDSL2 up to 30MHz
- Time domain reflectometer (TDR) with time-varying gain (TVG)
- Spectral analysis to 30MHz with one-button zoom to VDSL bands and causes of interference
- JDSU scripting and automated test features that simplify testing
- Wideband copper functionality available in combination with VDSL/VDSL2 test modules
- Large, color graphical user interface (GUI) with optional touch screen
- Qualifies and troubleshoots twisted pair copper deployments
- Interoperates with the JDSU UltraFed for single-ended closeout testing
- Conducts scripted closeout testing with user-definable Pass/Fail criteria