Combines traditional SONET/SDH and Ethernet/IP features in a single module including advanced Layer 4 and above application-centric testing, IPTV, and Fibre Channel to 10 Gbps.
Transport testing for the T-BERD/MTS-8000 Platforms
The Transport module for the T-BERD/MTS-8000 Platforms enables service providers to rapidly, reliably and cost-effectively deploy Transmission services in one convenient package. An important complement to the existing T-BERD/MTS-8000 platforms product line, the module supports T1-10 G SDH/SONET, 10/100/Gig Ethernet, 10Gig Ethernet LAN/WAN PHY, IP, Fibre Channel and OTN testing in the industry’s most innovative test module.
- Truly field tailored, the only integrated Ethernet, SDH/SONET, IP, Fibre Channel, OTN and PDH test solution available to the market, weighing under 7 kgs.
- Battery operation up to 2 hours at 10 Gbps rates.
- Practically unlimited field modularity: you can match any requirement for test function, size, weight, or price.
- Reduce test times by up to 66% by testing up to 3 circuits simultaneously and independently.
- Customer exchangeable connector types (FC, SC, LC, ST and DIN), eliminating the need for crossover cables.
- Dual port design allows users to maximize port density by purchasing multiple SDH/SONET and GigE interfaces (2.7G – 155 Mbps optical).
- Built-in optical connection check functions with a high accuracy power meter/source, VFL, ORL and video microscope options available ensure that today’s most common optical problems are solved.
- Backwards compatible with existing MTS-5000 optical modules already in the field.
- Coupled with the NewGen module, verify Generic Frame Procedure (GFP), Virtual Concatenation (VCAT), Link Capability adaptation scheme (LCAS) and Ethernet technologies.
- Combined with the T-BERD/MTS-8000’s optical layer test modules, test the physical, photonic, transmission, and data layers all in one portable package.
- Verify end to end network connectivity, throughput, and quality of service for all technologies.
- Measure network and circuit performance with an array of Error and Alarm insertion and analysis capability.
- Perform SLA and circuit acceptance routines via a variety of industry test standards.
- Test Quality of Service metrics by verifying results such as Jitter, Delay, Service Disruption, Lost and Out of Sequence frames.
- Verify network element characteristics with signal level and frequency measurements for all interfaces.
- Ensure network synchronization with the modules selectable timing references.
- Remotely operate the instrument with its web based Remote operation capability.
- Enable Productivity enhancements via the easy-to-use graphical interface and saved setup capability.
– 10GigE LAN/WAN and 1 GigE optical interfaces
– 10/100/1000 Mb/s electrical Ethernet interfaces 1550 nm, 1310 nm and 850 nm wavelength capable
– Single and Dual Port configurations for 1GigE, 100M, and 10M Ethernet interfaces
– Test End to end data connectivity and loopback testing RFC 2544 Conformance Testing; Quality of Service measurements
– Verify the integrity of triple play services such as Video and VoIP by qualifying QoS metrics such as Packet Jitter and Round Trip Delay.
– Test IP Traffic, including Connectivity, Throughput and Qos Measurements
– Transmit and Receive Encapsulated traffic using MPLS/VPLS/VLAN and Q in Q technologies
– Support the simultaneous analysis of up to 8 Ethernet/IP streams for Class of Service testing
– Graphical Display Results such as Delay, Throughput, and Jitter versus Time
– SDH/SONET testing at 51 Mbps, 155 Mbps, 622 Mbps, 2.5 Gbps, and 10 Gbps
– T-carrier testing at T1, E1, E3, DS3 and E4 rates
– Support Single and Dual Port configurations for 2.7G to 155M optical technologies
– Muxed payload and concatenated payload generation and analysis from 10 Gb/s to 1.5/2 Mbps
– 1550 nm and 1310 nm wavelength support for all optical interfaces
– SDH/SONET overhead byte manipulation and viewing for High and Low Paths
– Round Trip Delay measurements to test latency
– Service Disruption measurements to verify protection switching facilities
– Performance measures including T1.510, T1.514, G.821, G.826, G.828, G.829, M.2100, and M.2101 for circuit acceptance
– Dual-Direction T1, E1, DS3 and STS-1 receivers reduces test times by 50%
- Fibre Channel
– Supports Fibre channel (1G/2G) optical interfaces for 850 nm, 1310 nm, and 1550 nm Tx/Rx
– Single and Dual Port capable
– Support Layers 1 and Layer 2 BER testing through the use of industry specified test patterns (example: High Frequency Pattern (HFPAT), Low Frequency Pattern (LFPAT))
– Transmit and Receive Fibre Channel Frames up to 100% of line rate to test connectivity
– Verify QoS measurements and errors such as Delay (us), Symbol Errors, CRC Errored Frames, Fibre Runts, Fibre Jabbers, Undersized Frames and Lost Frames
– Support OTU2 (10.7G, 11.05G, 11.1G) and OTU1 (2.7G) technologies
– 1550 nm and 1310 nm Tx/Rx for all interfaces
– Simultaneously and independently test 10.7G or 11.1G and 2.7G OTN interfaces
– Analyze and generate OTU, ODU and OPU overhead, errors and alarms
– Support correctable and uncorrectable FEC error analysis and generation
– Transmit, Receive and Analyze TCM 1-6 overhead fields
– For 10.7G/2.7G technologies support SDH/SONET framing with a PRBS client for BER testing
– For 11.05 and 11.1G OTN technologies, support a PRBS client for BER testing
- Optical (with the User Interface Module)
– Insertion Loss Testing with the Optical Power Meter and Source
– Fiber Optic cable verification with the Visual Fault Locator
– Fiber Optic connector verification with the Fiber Optic Microscope