Optional Infineon Technologies chipset and licensed option for Dr. DSL diagnostic solutions from Aware, Inc. for testing high bit-rate triple-play services, including HDTV and IPTV.
Field technicians using the T-BERD/MTS-4000 can capitalize on an advanced set of test functionality: a very high speed digital subscriber line (VDSL) module using an Infineon Technologies chipset and a licensed option for Dr. DSL diagnostic solutions from Aware, Inc. Both features provide additional testing power for field technicians who install and maintain access networks and high bit-rate triple-play services, including high definition television (HDTV) and Internet Protocol television (IPTV).
- Infineon VDSL Module
- Provides interoperability with Ikanos, Accelity, and Broadcom VDSL2 chipsets
- Provides backward interoperability with ADSL2+
- Thoroughly qualifies VDSL2 access service: attenuation, noise margin, bits per tone, actual bit rate, maximum bit rate, percent capacity, and estimated loop length
- Data layer test options: PPPoE, PPPoA, IPoA, FTP throughput, and Web browser
- Test modes: Terminate, Through, and Terminal Equipment (TE)
- Available as Copper Module to provide copper testing capabilities of up to 30 MHz
- Dr. DSL
- Adds copper testing capability to fiber-based T-BERD/MTS-4000 modules
- Includes Rate Reduction Expert, which estimates the data rate improvement once condition is repaired